Where your home’s primary bedroom is can make all the difference for comfort, privacy, and functionality. If you are trying to determine the best area of your home for this essential room, there are a lot of things to consider. We are going to review some things you should factor in when making this decision, and help you determine where the best location is for the primary bedroom.
Before we get started, let’s review what a primary bedroom is?
Whether you are designing your home with a blank canvas or taking a preexisting home and renovating it for your needs and preferences, a primary, or master, bedroom is one of the key elements to consider, and as a homeowner, often one of the most important.
A primary bedroom is a bedroom that is usually larger and more luxurious than the other bedrooms in a house or apartment. It is typically designed to be the main bedroom of the home and is often occupied by the homeowners or the head of the household. This bedroom usually has an en suite bathroom and may include additional features such as a sitting area, an office area, a walk-in closet, or a dressing room.
The primary bedroom is typically designed to provide maximum comfort and privacy for the occupants. It may be located in a separate wing of the house or on a separate floor to provide greater privacy and separation from the other bedrooms. The design and decor of the master bedroom often reflect the personal style and preferences of the homeowners and may include features such as a fireplace, a balcony or terrace, a connected walk in closet, large windows with scenic views, or whatever else is preferred.
Where is the best location for the primary bedroom?
As mentioned above, this main bedroom in the home, can be designed however the homeowner would like, and one of the most important things is figuring out in what area of the home it will be most practical and functional for the home and its occupants. What is the best location for the primary bedroom? Like all things, this really depends on personal preference; however, selecting the ideal location for your primary bedroom is just as important as choosing upgrades throughout your home and kitchen and bathroom renovations.
Below we have included some things to consider when selecting the best location for this key room in your home.
- Privacy: This is one of the most important things, for many homeowners, when it comes to choosing a primary bedroom location. A lot of people prefer the main bedroom to be situated away from common areas and other bedrooms to maximize privacy. Locating it on an upper floor or at the end of a hallway can help create a sense of seclusion. How private you want to be really depends on you. If there are young kids in the home, you may want to be closer to them, and that can impact where the best location is for this room.
- Noise: This one goes hand and hand with privacy. When selecting the location of the primary suite, consider the noise levels in different parts of the house. Avoid placing this bedroom near noisy areas such as the kitchen, living room, or main entrance. If possible, choose a location that minimizes exterior noise from the street, outdoor entertainment area, or neighboring properties as well.
- Views and Natural Light: A primary bedroom with pleasant views and ample natural light can enhance the overall ambiance and create a serene atmosphere. If your property has scenic views or a backyard space, consider placing the main bedroom in a location that allows you to enjoy these features. When selecting the perfect location, you should also consider if an area has too much light or not. Enjoying a restful sleep in your primary bedroom can be difficult in areas where street lights are located or sunlight enters through the curtains every morning.
- Proximity to Amenities: Some homeowners prefer having the primary bedroom close to key amenities such as the kitchen, laundry room, or home office, for convenience. Others may prefer separation from these areas for a quieter sleeping environment. Consider your lifestyle and priorities when making this decision.
- Accessibility: If this is your forever home, you should consider the design and placement of the primary bedroom with long-term accessibility in mind and may want to consider locating this suite on the ground floor. This can provide easier access for individuals with mobility challenges or for those who prefer to avoid stairs. Also, as mentioned above, if you have young children who live with you, the ideal location for your primary bedroom may be in a spot easily accessible by them. Building a home that is right for you and your family is key.
Ultimately, the best location for a primary bedroom will depend on your individual needs, preferences, and the specific layout of your home. It can be helpful to consult with an architect, designer, or builder who can assess your specific situation and provide guidance based on the available options. At Sanctus Builders we are here to help you with this decision and all others, when it comes to building or renovating your Cleveland area home.
For most, a home is your biggest investment. Our clients trust that our work will add value and functionality to their homes. Whether you are looking to build a new home, renovate an older home, remodel your kitchen, or whatever else, our skilled professionals and craftsmen are driven to deliver for our clients to make their home construction and remodeling dreams a reality. Contact us today to get started.